Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This is why I DON'T wear makeup, guys.

I keep thinking of this picture I saw recently of a girl's before and after. It was titled "This is why we wear makeup, guys."

It kind of pissed me off.

When I first wore makeup, it was for my mom. Part of Filipino culture holds a lot of a girl's worth to her prettiness. When I was Pooka's age, nine, she tried to make me start. I refused, although she made me wear it for pictures. 

Then I wore it to make others see me as pretty, then to make better tips.

Now, though, I wear it when I want to, a few times a year. If I'm not wearing it for me, then I'm not wearing it at all. My mom tried to tell me at nine that I needed it to be pretty; I love this piece of a GoodMenProject.com article saying I don't need it to be beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment