Friday, August 17, 2012

what is passion?

I've been sick for a couple of weeks now.  This week I lost five pounds.  I've been lethargic and tired and a bit grumpy.  My body doesn't feel like my own.

Despite this, there are things I had to get done, like moving and working and being Mom.  So I did. 

This morning, as my body insisted on laying back down after my shower, The Guy snuck in for a pre-work snuggle.  Even tired, I can still respond to his touch.  Even tired, when Pooka cries out in her sleep, I can be at her side in seconds.  Even tired, if Boy needs a piggyback ride, I'm available.

I can be exhausted, but if an idea comes to mind I will quickly write it down.  Sadly, I can be full of energy and writing can be a chore if the ideas aren't coming. I'll still do it, just not as prolifically.

So, passion.  What is it?

For me today, it's the realization that there are things I won't stop doing no matter how badly I feel.  I'm passionate about my family.  I'm passionate about writing.  Let's face it, I'm passionate about social media.  [What?  An audience is important to a performer.]

Passion is what drives you.

What is your passion?  What do you love so much that sickness can't keep you from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment