Wednesday, July 21, 2010

...and Longing for Something Is Better than Forgetting that You Ever Wanted It

Let me explain.

Remember back, a long time ago, when you had a grand plan for your life? Remember what that plan was?

Yeah, me neither...

No, actually, I do (see last post). I feel like there are a lot of things I have yet to do. Maybe training for this marathon is helping me realize those things can still happen for me. Well, maybe not the part about winning a Tony, but I still write frequently and paint when I can.

There are other areas of my life that I long to change...I suppose I need to start small though. I'll run these 26.2 miles, contribute to cancer research, find studio space for art and writing (my house is waaaaay too small for creating - everything I make seems more chaotic than I intended, including the words I write) and then maybe those other longings will fade.

Or maybe they won't and I'll be inspired to make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment