Thursday, June 24, 2010

...and a Bad Run Is Better than No Run

...or so I'm trying to tell myself. This morning sucked. Tying my laces took a lot of effort, which should have been a clue.

After the first mile, my blood sugar crashed.

For those of you lucky enough to never have experienced hypoglycemia, it goes like this: your energy reserves evaporate, you start to shake & sweat (always lovely), nausea takes over, all hope is lost and you sometimes pass out.


If you don't faint, you want to punch people.

Now, I probably should've sat down on the curb at that point and called my husband...but I did just tell you about the urge to punch people, right? I knew that he was still in bed and would not hear his phone, which would piss me off, so I just walked on. I even tried to jog a bit. I had Bitch-brain waging a war with Deepok-brain (who was being all New Agey and positive and shit). I drank water and tried not to focus on how my Team in Training shirt was so slick that my hydration belt was moving all over the place. [For you new people, I can get obsessive-compulsive when tired or blood-sugary - everything bugs me.]
It took a lot of effort not to lay down on the pavement and let some Good Samaritan take over, but I made it home.

Two miles have never been so long.

1 comment:

  1. Awww GiGi....I hate runs like that...okay I've never had one QUITE like that, but close! You keep telling yourself it's going to get better and then it doesn't. UGH. On the bright side though, isn't it awesome knowing you can push through that? That's the attitude and mental strength you're going to need to do the marathon!

    ReplyDelete