Wednesday, September 15, 2010

...and Shuffling Is Better than Sleeping

So I finally did my 18-mile run Monday night.  OW!  I had my daughter without drugs and didn't hurt as much as I did those last five miles.

This morning I went out for my first run since.  The legs still hurt like they've never hurt before and I was tempted to bag it and just sleep a little longer.  I had good excuses:  today is Rhiannon's first day of kindergarten & she wanted to dress up - which could have taken a while, my legs are angry, my back hurts, the sun wasn't up, yada, yada, yada.

I laced up the shoes and went out.  I shuffled around the block (1.73 miles) in almost 26 excruciating minutes.

But I did it.

1 comment:

  1. ...and that's what is going to get you across the finish line at the marathon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete